Week 12 & onward has focused on finishing areas of this project, from physical to written, the device overall circuitry has been completed alongside the casing, with multiple tests.
This is my current setup, the device consists of three parts, the Switch to reset the machine, a Pressure Pad to recognize if the room has been entered, and Finally a motion sensor to check if there is movement inside the room.
My next step was to take the device to the Fab Lab in Londonderry, Derry – to prepare for this I made a Logo for some branding, to make the overall device have more polish, Here is my original design:
The Logo is supposed to look like the Arduino Unit & the Ethernet Shield, with the white poliginal ball being the Motion Sensor and the black square representing the door switch. after printing this as a vinyl sticker at the Fab Lab, the grey text on the logo unfortunately just didn’t stand out enough, as it was too hard to read, so I created another one with more suitable colours:
The light grey text is much easier to see on the device and has shown up quite nicely on the sticker. The next step is to customize the case, at the fab lab I was able to cut out an appropriate sized hole to place the motion sensor into, it makes the device look more like an all in one:
Here is a close up:
It occurred to me that there was no way of telling if the system was active or not. To fix this I added some LEDs, a green LED was to show if the device was active, and a blue LED was added to show the status of the motion sensor. this is a simple change but is very helpful. Here is the layout of the device in a Fritzing sketch:
Here is a Photograph of the device with the LEDs:
I Have also been in the process of making a demonstration video to showcase all of this projects features.